Welcome! I am excited that you have chosen Allen Orthodontics, and I look forward to having the opportunity to work with you and your family. My approach to orthodontics is simple: treat all patients as I would treat my own family. I believe that modern orthodontics has so much to offer to just about everyone. I stay up-to-date on the latest scientific and therapeutic advances in the field of orthodontics to be able to provide state-of-the-art services to my patients.
It is a joy to see the changes in the lives of my patients because of their orthodontic treatment. I enjoy the relationships with patients and fun time we have together.
Education and Continuing Education
As an orthodontist, I believe that education, training, and experience are an extremely important part of being able to provide my patients with quality care that they can count on. I received a formal education in dentistry, as well as specialized education in orthodontics:
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS) – University of Washington, 2000
- Certificate in Orthodontics – University of Illinois at Chicago 2003
- More than 30 additional hours of continuing education every year
I continue to expand my knowledge of orthodontics, the treatments and procedures, by participating in continuing education opportunities through several professional associations:
- Member American Association of Orthodontists
- Member American Dental Association
- Member El Paso District Dental Society
- Member Texas Dental Association
- Member Seattle Study Club
- Certified Invisalign® provider
- Orthodontics for all ages, including Invisalign, Revolution and Damon System self-ligating braces
I am originally from Ogden, Utah, and relocated to El Paso in 2007. I lived in Portgual for nearly two years and in the small island nation of Cape Verde for about three months. I speak the languages of both countries. Portuguese doesn't often come in handy in El Paso. But, I am so very proud to call El Paso home. I love the community I serve, the people I work with, and all that this wonderful city has to offer.
Outside of the practice, I enjoy spending time with my wife and our four beautiful daughters. I also like skiing, tennis, basketball, fishing, camping, and involvement in my church.